Study in China
As a leader in terms of economic growth, China has become an intriguing place to pursue a degree abroad for students coming from Europe, USA and other parts of Asia.

Students will experience a rigorous but comprehensive education and they are guaranteed to improve career prospects. Apart from being exposed to excellent teaching, you will immerse in the Chinese culture which will certainly deepen your intellectual horizon.

Planning to study abroad in China is easier than you may think. Becoming more and more popular over the last years due to its great educational facilities, renowned science and technology degrees and thanks to 30 top ranked higher educational institutions, China is also fascinating for international students in terms of culture and traditions.

Choose the right degree subject right Chinese university
Admission is based on high scores of your previous graduated school.
China has set a limit regarding students’ age when applying: most universities don’t accept students over 30 for a Bachelor’s degree and over 40 for a Master’s degree and a PhD.

University application deadlines for China

The academic year in China usually has two semesters, spring semester and autumn semester, except for a few higher educational institutions who implemented a three-semester system. It is best to figure out every university’s specific application deadline for each semester, but these are the general recommendations:

For spring semester: submit the application until mid-July
For autumn Semester: submit the application until late April

How to Get a Student Visa for China?

After being accepted at a Chinese university, you’ll get an acceptance letter required for visa application.

When to apply

You should apply for a study visa for China around one month in advance of your intended date to come to China, but it is recommended not to apply earlier than three months. However, usually all Chinese embassies are very efficient and the processing time for a visa may only take one week or even less.

Language requirements for my study in China

There are no specific language requirements in order for international students to be eligible for a study visa for China. However, since most universities offer courses that are taught in English, they will require English language proficiency during the application process.

Ordinary visa you need to study in China
China Student visa (X Visa) is issued to those who have been admitted by a Chinese college. Student Visa is sub-divided into X1 and X2. X1 is issued to students who go to China for study for more than 6 months. X2 is issued to those who go to China with same purpose but for a period of less than 6 months. X1 visa is usually issued for multiple entry with validity up to 5 years. Holder of X1 visa must register at local public security bureau within 30 days of arrival, where the China Residence Permit will be issued to replace X1 visa. X2 visa is usually issued for one entry with validity up to 6 months. In order to apply for China X Visa, please prepare and send in your application according to the detail requirement explained below.


  • Original Admission Letter & Original jw forms.
  • Original Police Clearance Certificate (Attested by Ministry of Foreign Affairs).
  • Passport (valid at least 6 months) with two photographs (white background, should be clipped on the first page of passport).
  • 6 Months Old Bank Statement. It is important to present an original bank statement when you are visiting the Chinese Embassy in Pakistan.
  • Financial Support affidavit must be attested from Ministry of Foreign Affairs Office and must be Notary Public.
  • Original Medical Fitness Certificate by Chinese Clinical Lab.

Note: All the original documents along with a photocopy set.

Residence permit in China

You are allowed to stay in China for the whole duration of your visa, but it is usually valid for 30 days once you enter China. Within 30 days of your arrival in China, you will have to obtain a residence permit from a local public security office or police station.

The residence permit will be valid for the time period you were granted with the original visa.

Working in China as an international student

International students are allowed to take part-time jobs during their studies, or to engage in paid internships on campus, under the following condition: they must obtain permission both from their host university and the Chinese immigration authorities as well.

The university issues a consent letter and the hiring company will also give out a certification. The next step is for the police station to mark your visa “Part-time-work “. However, you cannot apply for a different job in a different company in case you changed your mind.

As a foreigner in China, English is a highly valued skill. English tutoring and teaching jobs are in high demand, so you should try for this kind of opportunities.

For any additional information regarding the study visa for China, go to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the People’s Republic of China.