UK Standard Visitor visa

You can apply for a Standard Visitor visa if you want to visit the UK:

for leisure, for example on holiday or to see your family and friends
for business, or to take part in sports or creative events
for another reason, for example to receive private medical treatment

The Standard Visitor visa has replaced the:

Family Visitor visa
General Visitor visa
Child Visitor visa
Business Visitor visa, including visas for academics, doctors and dentists
Sports Visitor visa
Entertainer Visitor visa
Prospective Entrepreneur visa
Private Medical Treatment Visitor visa
Approved Destination Status (ADS) visa

Duration of Stay
If you need to visit the UK regularly over a longer period, you can apply for a long-term Standard Visitor visa that lasts 2, 5 or 10 years. You can stay for a maximum of 6 months on each visit.

A Standard Visitor visa costs for 6 months £95

The fee for a long-term Standard Visitor visa depends on its length:

2 years – £361
5 years – £655
10 years – £822

you’re able to support yourself and any dependents for the duration of your trip
you’re able to pay for your return or onward journey and any other costs relating to your visit
you have proof of any business or other activities you want to do in the UK, as allowed by the Visitor Rules

If you’re applying for a long-term Standard Visitor visa
You must prove that:

you’ll only ever need to come to the UK to visit, for example to go on holiday, see family or attend a meeting
you plan to leave the UK at the end of each visit

Visa Decision
It usually takes around 10-20 Working Days for visitor visas for the UK to be granted but applying a month is a safe bet as well (depends on case to case). In rare cases, applicants are also called for interviews.

UK Standard Visitor Visa document checklist

  • 2 recent photographs not more than 6 month old with a white back ground.
  • Original passport with at least six months validity(Your passport should be valid for the whole of your stay in the UK) and must have one blank page for visa stamp.
  • Any Details of your travel history for the past 10 years (as shown in your passport).
  • Copies of Original computerized English CNIC & old/expired passports.
  • Original TB diagnostic certificate if you plan on staying for more than 6 months.
  • Details of any criminal, civil or immigration offences, If any.
  • Bank Statement of last 6 months showing proof that you have enough funds to cover your travel costs.
  • If Business owner business registration documents and business bank account statements.
  • Hotel Reservation details of where you’ll be staying during your visit or sponsor accommodation details.
  • Air ticket reservation.
  • Evidence of family members remaining in your home country whilst you travel

Evidence of the home address

  • Present Home Address with postal code and how long you’ve lived there.
  • Residence Tel No. / Cell No. & Email Address.

If Student

  • Letter from your educational institution in case you are studying full time. The letter must show your enrollment confirmation and leave of absence.

Marital Status

  • Evidence of your marital status: marriage certificate / civil partnership certificate / divorce certificate / death certificate
  • Spouse’s Name, Date of Birth, Nationality & Passport No.
  • Children’s Name, Date of Birth, Place of Birth, Passport No.

If travelling with your spouse and children then marriage and birth certificates should also be provided.
Nadra Marriage form in English (in case of traveling with wife or husband).
Original Family “B” form-Nadra-computerized (in case of traveling with children).

Evidence of the employment

  • Employment letter that details your role in the company, salary, and the duration of employment and the approved leaves dates should be mentioned clearly.
  • If you are dependent (House wife, student or child) than give the evidence of husband or father’s employment.
  • Do you have savings, property or other income, for e.g. from stocks and shares? any wealth certificates etc.
  • Take your tax registration certificate with you as well.

If invitation from a sponsor

  • Copy of Passport of the sponsor, Bank Statement of the sponsor of last 6 months.
  • If sponsor is willing to bear your expenses then he has to provide his bank statement and job certificate.
  • Evidence of sponsors immigration status in the UK.

If relative/friend resides in UK

  • the name, address and passport number.
  • UK proof of address with its photocopy (Utility bill, Council tax bill, or Full UK driving license)